Are CCJs recorded against you? Why might lenders refuse you credit? Is the information up to date? Trust Online lets you access the OFFICIAL court judgment registers. You can also check other people and businessess.
How to check your own record
Enter your name and address. There's a small fee. You see the results right away and these are also sent to you by email.
3 Simple Online Steps
When to use the registers
Here are some examples of when you might search the Trust Online registers.
About to apply for credit
Before you apply for credit, check that the information held on the registers is up to date. Are CCJs correctly recorded as paid? Have judgments you didn't know about been sent to an old address?
Been refused credit
If you've been turned down by a lender, check the registers to see if that explains why.
Check the information on the registers is up to date
You may have paid what you owed - but did the lender tell the court? Make sure that judgments are up to date.
A few months after moving house, check to make sure there are no default judgments issued to your old address without your knowledge
What the registers cover
The registers held on Trust Online's registers covers:
- England & Wales Section 1: CCJs, administration orders and child support agency liability orders
- England & Wales Section 2: High court judgments
- England & Wales Section 3: Fines defaults from Magistrates courts
- England & Wales Section 4:Tribunal Awards
- Scotland: Small claims and summary causes money decrees
- Isle of Man: Default money judgments
- Jersey: Money judgments from the Petty Debts and Royal Court
- Northern Ireland: Undefended default & small claims judgments
- Republic of Ireland: Money judgments from circuit & district courts
What you need to know to search the register
To search the Trust Online registers, you need to give your full name, title and the address you've lived at that you want to search. (It's wise to search on any address you've lived at. Most of the registers cover the last six years).
What it costs to search the register
The fee for a search of the England & Wales register is £4 per section - you just choose the section that is most appropriate for you. You can easily search across multiple sections or registers if you need to (e.g. if you've lived in Scotland and England). There are discounts for doing so. Two searches cost £8, three or more cost £10.